All in one place

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Understanding Your Laptop

Excited at getting your Laptop?

Getting a Laptop can be a wholesome experience. I remember when I got my item, it was an exciting time for me. I had a Desktop and used it for about 10 years. During that time, I had many headaches as it would freeze constantly. Sometimes, I would spend hours just getting it to work. Then, I would borrow my wife's Laptop. At first, it was alright but then my wife started to complain and suggested that I get a Laptop.

At first, I had resisted the idea. In the past, I had brought a used Laptop and was not satisfied with it. Also, I did not want to spend any money. My stingy side was getting the best of me, but alas, I reasoned that it was the best move to make. With the aid of my wife, I did a lot of research and set my eyes on a nice HP that was on sale by Amazon products. I charged it on my Amazon card and awaited its arrival.

A good rule of thumb is to get a warranty. I know that it may cost a little more but in the long run, it will be a good thing to do. I learned this principle with my Desktop. I had a problem, called the center and got my issue solved. A good warranty will pay for itself in the long run.

When my Laptop arrived, the first thing that I did was look at the menu. Take some time to get familiar with the menu. Another thing to bear in mind is to not access the internet until you have downloaded an anti-virus to it. Most Laptops comes with a free anti-virus trial. Take advantage of it.

Again, please do not access the internet without activating an anti-virus software. I learned this the hard way when I brought my ill-fated Laptop. I went straight to the internet and got myself entangled with a virus that damaged it. Having this in mind, I was determined not to make the same mistake twice.

As soon as you download your anti-virus, go to the internet and get familiar with its features. My Laptop had an Explorer Browser, so I downloaded an extra one. You can do the same, too. Just go to the Google search engine and download the Browser of your choice. It's a good rule to thumb to have a second browser on hand.

Avoiding freeze ups.

One of the things that you want to avoid with your computer is the freeze ups. It is a good thing to clear the cookies every two weeks. One of the ways to do so is to clear the history of what you have viewed. Clearing your cookies will help your computer run better.

The wonderful world of You tube offers many good tips on avoiding freeze ups. Also, with the warranty, you can get the much needed help from expert personnel, so please take advantage of these features. Nothing is more frustrating than having the computer freeze up on you. A good rule of thumb is to not overload your computer. This can, certainly, cause a slow down.

Closing thoughts

Getting a computer is a wonderful thing. Whether it is a Laptop or any other electronic device, it is a wise thing to get involved in your investment. A few things to remember...

Get a warranty with your purchase
Download the anti-virus
Clear the cookies
Avoid computer freeze-ups.Having these things in mind will help make your computer experience one to remember.

Useful link...

https://hubpages.com/technology/Take-care-of-your-computer

A good way to take care of your Laptop is to treat it like a baby. It is your investment. Make the most of it. Many make the mistake of not safeguarding it and suffer the consequences. Be good to your Laptop and it will be good to you.

Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Angel_M_Santos/966609

No comments:

Post a Comment